Saturday, March 10, 2012

I've Been Busy

The cliche is that life gets in the way, I'm too busy, I don't have time to workout.  Most people would see the name of my post and think that.  Actually the opposite is true.  I have been spending a lot of time working out trying to find what is going to work the best for me. 

I have been continuing to do the carb nite solution and I feel that it is going great.  I am not dropping a lot of pounds at a very fast rate but I have been dropping and I feel like this is a great approach for me. 

A couple weeks ago I started doing Bikram Yoga.  Quick summary is, 105 degrees, 20% humidity, 90 minutes, 26 poses.  It challenges me in a different way than I'm used to.  Slow deliberate movements that works on flexibility.  I am used to training for short bursts to promote strength and explosiveness.  It's nice. 

Today (Saturday), I went to an intro class for CrossFit.  It was tough.  It was short.  Did I mention it was tough?  We warmed up and went over the basic movements that we were doing and then did our baseline test.  400 meter run, 40 squats, 30 sit-ups, 20 pushups, 10 pullups all done for time.  Goal under eight minutes.  I did mine in 7:47.  It sucked, I was tired.  Again I am used to doing my 30 seconds of hard work, and then resting.  It was a change just like the Bikram.  This was more about endurance for me than anything.  My endurance sucks. 

I plan on doing my yoga for flexibility and balance, crossfit for functional strength and endurance, and weights/plyo's for explosiveness and speed.  This should be a great approach to accomplish everything that I am looking for.

No comments: