Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Day 1 Crossfit School

Finally went back to teaching after taking the year off pursuing some other goals.  I got hired at an awesome school that gives me the freedom to do what I feel is best in the name of fitness.  I of course am choosing to follow a Crossfit methodology in teaching PE at this school.  I lesson planned like a Crossfit instructor and unfortunately that wasn't overly effective.  The students that I am teaching aren't used to that type of PE and I was met with a fair amount of resistance.  I am going to have to think back like a classroom teacher and make sure that I have my core in place and then attach the Crossfit limbs after.  I am going to continue to follow the path that I have set for myself because I believe in it, but it is going to take some work.

No comments: