Friday, April 25, 2008

Friday April 25th Quick Tip

Some time ago I watched a show entitled "I want to look like a high school cheerleader again". It was a version of "The Biggest Loser" as it had multiple "competitors" trying to lose the most weight. The difference, if you can call it a difference, was that they were all former cheerleaders who have lost their form.

During the course of the show it followed the drama and showed the girls working out which was all well and good. I got into the show, and I think I watched all the episodes, though not sure if I should be admitting that or not, but either way, I watched. At the end of the series or it might have been during I forget, they were showing some of the contestants healthy things to do while out to eat.

Everyone seems to struggle with eating out. They smell the food, they see others enjoying themselves by gorging on their meals and you think, why can't I be one of those people? There was one suggestion that stuck out from the rest of them. People think that salad is a healthy alternative to the junk that most will eat while they are out. The problem with this is the creamy dressings that they pile on. The trainers on the show used a simple, common sense solution to solving that problem.

The next time you are out to eat and want or order a salad, get your dressing on the side. Have the server put it on the side, or if it's a salad bar, get a separate dish for your dressing. Once you have your dressing on the side, just dip your fork in the dish to get your dressing. This cuts down immensely on the calories you intake, and you might even find out that you can taste your salad.

I am guilty many times over of drowning my salad in dressing. I have always thought that it would make the salad taste good, and to some degree it does. If you use that simple solution stated above, you will find that your salad will taste better. All the things that make a salad healthy will taste crisp, not soggy, and the flavor will pop like a salad should.

I hope that this dining out tip will help you in your quest for 365 Fit. Use this tip with the previous dining out quick tip, and you will be well on your way to being 365 Fit. I hope this quick tip finds you well. Good things.

No comments: