Sunday, November 30, 2008

Falling Off The Wagon

I know the accepted expression is falling off the wagon, but I personally feel it should be, jumping off the wagon. Falling implies that you "accidentally" fell off the wagon, or in my case got lazy, weak, and didn't do anything to improve the quality of your life, or more exactly did everything you could possibly do to decrease the quality of your life.

With the exception of a minute percentage of the population we do not accidentally get fat or become unhealthy. We all make choices every day. Case in point. This Thanksgiving I totally bombed everything. Not only did I engorge myself with the holiday festivities, I then proceeded to drink I'd say 3,000 calories of soda in the course of four days. I ate chili dogs, leftovers, sausage, bacon, heavy gravy, biscuits, more leftovers, cheese dip, chips, and basically anything I wanted.

It didn't seem that bad when I wasn't writing it all down. I didn't accidentally eat all of this. I didn't accidentally drink all that pop. I made choices and while they weren't good choices, they were still my choices to make. They weren't accidents, I didn't fall off of anything, it was just my decisions.

Again, it sounds really bad, and I know it does. There is a silver lining in all of this; that is if you were looking for a silver lining, but I will get to that in my next post.

365 Fit for life.

No comments: