Sunday, November 30, 2008

Goals Make The World Go 'Round

I have made different goals through out my life. Whether it be personal, professional, health, or whatever. Most, if not all, have been long term goals, or the end result of something. I haven't made any short term goals, maybe not ever, but at least not recently. I always say I want a six pack or I want to dunk. My most recent one has been that I want to run a triathlon. Goals are a great thing, but sometimes we need to diversify the goals that we make for ourselves.

Here is my silver lining that I mentioned from my last post. I have a plan. That sounds lame, because I always seem to have a plan, but this time I hope it's different. I know I've said that before, but the minute I stop saying that I hope this time is different, is the minute that I have nothing left to work towards or for. That is why I am saying it, I hope this plan works.

When December 2nd rolls around I said that I am going to start working out again. Not in the sporadic sense that I have done recently, but the way that I know I should, the way I have done in the past. I also made another goal, something really simple. I said I would physically go to the gym at least once that week. I haven't been to our gym in at least six months, maybe more. That is a lot of time and money that I have basically just thrown down the drain.

These are my basic goals. I have read a few things that I am going to try, and I am still going to work towards my triathlon. I know it is going to go well.

365 Fit for life.

No comments: